Process Performance System
Process Performance System
Processes within an Enterprise are distributed, complex and often involve collaboration of multiple parties within and outside the organization. To achieve optimal process operations, the Enterprise is facing a constant need for control, management and change of those processes as well as detection and categorization of new ones.
Process Performance System supports companies that want to achieve a higher level of insight into processes efficiency. The system supports environments that utilize process execution across different applications and various internal or external organizational units. Using Data mining technologies, the Process discovery module can detect different process clusters which are then used in process efficiency monitoring. This enables process execution to be shown graphically in real time with corresponding execution metrics. Aggregation of those metrics gives insight into process execution performance, enabling compliance and SLA monitoring with alerting.
- Process mining
- Process discovery – turn raw and unrelated process log data, collected from different sources into meaningful process metrics with graphical display and analysis.
- Business Transaction Visibility
- Graphical display of business transaction execution through series of drill down enabled graphs with tree display of technical transaction hierarchy.
- Transaction Analysis
- Business-oriented search with business or technical attributes for ad-hoc analysis.
- Transaction Hierarchy
- Multi-level hierarchy of technical transaction with bridge functionality that connects transactions from different applications that have no explicit hierarchy connection.
- Business and Technical Context
- Transaction attributes and business rule enforcement on data from business or technical context.
- Business Rules Validation
- Rules application via inspection of transaction data; missing or incompatible values, parameter comparison or data analysis through custom business logic.
- Exception Management
- Quick identification of erroneous components within process execution with functionality of pre-configured actions execution for recurring errors.
- Service Level Agreements
- Different performance targets and escalation criteria depending on transaction attributes with ability to engage different recipients based on business or technology context.
- Transaction Performance
- Aggregated metrics gives insight into process execution performance with data trends refreshed in near real time.
Process mining enables organizations to exploit their raw and potentially unrelated process data, from various sources, and link them into business process models with variances. The result is an insight that allows organizations to analyze processes, identify potential problems and make the best decisions on how to improve them.
PPS supports multi-level hierarchy of process technical transactions that are connect from, potentially, different systems and sources. Rules can be applied on every hierarchy level together with any additional technical and business relevant information. It enables real time monitoring of process progress with overall business and individual technical transaction status displayed through traffic lights.
Process performance information produce execution statistics that gives indication about future process behavior (trends). Process execution data is stored inside of database and is accessible for ad-hoc analysts via business-oriented reports. Dashboards with drill down capabilities are used for in depth inspection of processes and analysis of individual transactions.
PPS maps process technical transactions, with their performance parameters, and compares it to execution business rules. This enables:
- Problem isolation: Identification and prevention of specific issues
- Performance & SLA Management: Monitoring, alerting, and reporting on performance of process in near real-time
- Exception Management: Monitoring failures, and root-case analysis to locate performance bottlenecks, errors and incomplete execution
- Compliance: discrepancies from configured business rules during execution can be considered as irregularity and can be reported through SLA mechanism
PPM is easy to implement solution with minimum performance degradation of systems being monitored. It fetches process data from databases or file logs via standard database JDBC drivers or uses custom adapters to capture process data change.